Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Ranch Pork Sandwich


Dear Reader-
Like most of the country,it has been hot here… HO-OOOT.
So, I have been opting for baking at 1 AM (don’t ask) and cooking via slow cooker to avoid heating up my kitchen.

So even though today is a tad cooler, I still opted for my crockpot… due to convenience (read: I needed dinner to take care of itself).
I threw a 2 lb pork tenderloin in my 2 quart bowl of my Interchangeable Slow Cooker and sprinkled it with Lawry’s Seasoned Salt.

I then poured 2/3 cup of Balsamic Vinegar Ketchup (a new find in the grocery store) over the top of the loin (you can use regular ketchup if you can’t find any).

Then I sprinkled it with 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed).

I put a lid on it and cooked it on high for 6 hours (or low for 8).

Then I used two forks to pull the pork apart and mix with the juices

I then took Kaiser Rolls and put our favorite Barbecue sauce on them…
10 points to anyone who knows what brand is our favorite???

Add some pulled pork.

Add a little more of that Sweet Baby Rays (and make sure to blur your dag-gum photo…grrr)

Now add some ranch…

And DIG IN– yummo!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Crockpot BBQ Ranch Pork Sandwiches
For more food and fun, visit GOODEnessGracious.com
Ingredients
  • 2 lb Pork Tenderloin
  • Lawry's Seasoned Salt- To Taste
  • 2/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar Ketchup (or regular)
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
  • Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce-To Taste
  • Ranch Dressing- To Taste
  • Kaiser Roll Buns
Instructions
  1. Place pork in crock pot and sprinkle with Lawry's, then cover with ketchup and brown sugar.
  2. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours
  3. Shred pork with two forks and stir in sauce.
  4. Take buns and layer barbecue sauce, pork, more barbecue sauce and then ranch dressing to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment