Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mini Chicken Burger on a Baby Bella Mushroom


Thanks to Sandra's Easy Cooking Recipes




 



First let me thank you all for wonderful comments, I am well and ready to share some new recipes! It was such a hot day, and I needed something very light for lunch as well to get my stomach get use to real food all over again. I was eating really, really light meals, if we can even call "a meal" soups, fresh fruit and veggies, teas and pieces of burned toast...I was not ready for any kind of meat..but today as I felt like a new person felt that chicken burger would be perfect for me. It has less fat, and in combination with mushrooms it gave wonderful flavor! These are mini, but you can also use Portabella mushroom cups and form bigger chicken burgers!




Serves 2
Ingredients:
(for patties)

  • ½ lb lean ground chicken
  • 1 Tbs. plain bread crumbs
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 onion, minced
  • ½ tsp. dried clove, crushed
  • Sprinkle of dried red pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • *After I washed mushrooms, I took the stem out and minced that into meat mixture as well (optional)
  • 8 Baby Bella Mushrooms



(for spinach dip)

  • 1 cup of Breakstone Sour cream
  • 1 cup of cooked and drained spinach
  • Sprinkle of dried red pepper
  • Pinch of salt
  • -Put in the food processor and mix until well blended.





Directions:

  1. Mix ground chicken with all the ingredients.
  2. In a frying pan add little bit of olive oil, just to code pan.
  3. Form the paddies, and add to the hot pan.
  4. In a meanwhile since you already separate steam from the cap(mushrooms)
  5. Put them in the oven to roast for 10 minutes on 350F(180C), and salt lightly.
  6. Fill each mushroom cap with spinach dip (about ½ tsp.)
  7. Add mini chicken burger, cheese, cherry tomato, and pickles.

It is very light yet full of flavor, you can eat it with salad on the side!

1 comment: